United Methodist Women
Stamps for Mission.
Saving postage stamps can benefit missions. Even common used postage can have value in bulk. The stamps will be sold and 100% of the proceeds donated to UMCOR. Below are some tips if you, your church or your UMW unit would like to collect stamps for Mission. Also, there is a flyer you can add to newsletters or bulletins.
1. All stamps from just a few to entire collections, canceled or uncanceled are useful; old ones are extra good.
2. Trim paper around used stamps attached to envelopes leaving a ¼ inch paper border around the stamp OR you can turn in the whole envelope.
3. If you have postcards, turn in the whole card; don’t cut or tear the stamp off the card!!
4. Leave rows of stamps in tact.
5. For the best value, send trimmed cancelled stamps, envelopes or postcards with stamps, and any albums of stamps by hand to a Conference UMW event whenever possible. Often district officers are willing to hand deliver them to a conference event, so you may want to take them to a district event. Often mailing the stamps costs more than the worth of the stamps to missions.
6. If you need to mail the stamps, use stamps, not a meter, for postage on the package and send to: Mike Davis, P.O. Box 100, Jetersville, VA 23083
7. If you bring stamps to a conference event, Betsey Davis, the Technology Coordinator, will collect them from you and deliver to our Stamp Liaison.
If you have addition questions contact the VAUMW Stamp Liaison,
Rev. Mike Davis
Call (804) 304-0256